Finding a quality resume writing service can be like finding a needle in a haystack.
You wonder… will they understand my industry? What about my level? Do they come highly recommended? And can they do a better job than I can do myself?
But as the job market grows more competitive, more and more people want to use one; as it gets harder and harder to make it to the interview stage.
“98% of job seekers are eliminated at the initial resume screening and only the top 2% of candidates make it to the interview” says Job Market Experts CEO Robert Meier.
The Simple Reason Why You Can’t Get An Interview
If you’re not making it past the resume screening phase, it may be time to call in reinforcements. Resume scanning software (or ATS) is reviewing your resume for everything from keywords, to formatting, to the type of file you’re using.
Luckily, you don’t have to navigate this complicated world of job searching alone. If you want to jump start your job search after weeks of trying to get some traction, consider using a resume writing service to stand out and land an offer faster.
Resume Writing Service Review: TopResume
If you’re ready to get help along the job search journey, you’ll want a resume writing service like TopResume on your side.
Keep reading for a breakdown of TopResume’s services, why we like them, and a lowdown of how they can help you land the job offer of your dreams.
TopResume Will Review Your Resume For FREE
Before we talk about anything else, one of the most valuable services TopResume offers is a review of your resume for FREE. You read that right. To boot, there are no strings attached. Simply upload your resume and they will follow up within 48 hours with detail, personalized feedback. Then, you can choose to make the recommended changes yourself, or have them make the changes for you. Upload your resume for a free review here.
TopResume Has Flexible Packages That Fit Every Budget
The introductory package that TopResume offers is a one time payment of $150. Or you can break it into monthly payments of $14 per month.
This package includes:
- Professionally-written resumes by experts in the industry you want to or currently work in.
- Proper and professional formatting, guaranteed to grab the attention of your prospective employer.
- Access to a keyword-optimized resume. This will ensure that the right people from the right industry are able to find and view your resume.
Their most popular package, this includes “everything you need to apply to jobs, including a resume and cover letter.” This package goes for $20 per month or a one time payment of $219. But what we love the most is the 60-day interview guarantee or your money back. Sounds like a good deal to me.
This package include:
- All of the services listed on the Professional Growth Package plus;
- Access to a professionally-made CV and cover letter;
- 60-day Interview Guarantee.
As the name suggests, you can expect a lot from this package. Their premium service is for those looking for resume services plus personal branding. This TopResume package helps you with your Resume, cover letter, and LinkedIn profile—all created by an executive writer. Executive writers include their top writers, which means you’ll have the best of the best on your side. The service runs for $349 or $32 per month.
The package includes:
- All of the features in the Professional Growth Package.
- All of the features in the Career Evolution Package.
- All of your writing will be done by an Executive Writer.
- An expert creating and editing your LinkedIn profile. Most employers check job candidate’s LinkedIn profiles. Having an expert review and create your profile can really make a huge difference.
The Benefits of A Professionally-Prepared Resume
When working with a resume writing service, the main goal is to find a job in a short amount of time. You are essentially investing in a quicker time to find employment and find a job that is well-suited to you.
One thing to note here is that when you are applying for a job, your resume not only has to stand out to the hiring manager of the job, but also in resume-scanning software most companies may use. If your resume cannot stand out in these two areas, you will get perpetually lost in what is referred to as the “resume black hole.” This is the term used to describe a scenario where you get your job application dismissed even before anyone sees your resume.
When you get the help of a professional resume writing service, you gain the following advantages over other candidates:
- Ensures your resume is actually seen
- TopResume claims their service users are three times more likely to secure interviews than those who use self-written resumes.
- Get a job in a much shorter amount of time.
- Studies have shown that when you make use of TopResume’s services, you are three times more likely to get hired than you would with a self-written resume.
Recruiters will only pay attention to the resumes that have gone through the software screening system and, even then, only to the ones that stand out. So, make sure you are ready for that dream job you have always pined after. Try out TopResume’s free resume review tool and get yourself closer to the job of your dreams.