The Zoom happy hour has arrived.
Whether you’re missing the unpredictability of the in-person happy hour or joining your coworkers for some office camaraderie, you’ll want to have one of these beauties at your side. Yes, we’re talking cocktails. Be the talk of your next virtual session with an enviable cocktail as satisfying as it is stunning.
Here are the simple cocktail recipes to make before your next session:
The Zoom Happy Hour Dark & Stormy
The Dark & Stormy is a simple, two-ingredient drink that you can make to help you ride out the current climate.
- Fill the finest glass you can find with ice
- Add Rum.
- Pour Ginger Beer over Rum & Ice.
- Garnish with a Lime Wedge (Optional)
The Zoom Happy Hour Pina Colada
If you are daydreaming of a far away beach or just looking for a refreshing drink to stay cool, a Pina Colada will help transform your home to your own private island. Serve a round of From Scratch Pina Coladas inspired by one of DC’s favorite bars, Captain Gregory’s.
1 & ½ cups smoked pineapple
2 Tbsp. coconut milk
3 oz. Aged White Rum
3 cups Ice
1 Tsp. cinnamon (Optional)
1 Tsp. star anise (Optional)
How to Mix
- Crush Ice and pour into glass
- Blend Smoked Pineapple with Ice
- Add Coconut Milk & Aged White Rum
- Add Cinnamon & Star Anise (Optional)
The Zoom Happy Hour Amaretto Sour
On any given day, your emotions can swing between sweet, sour, nutty and strong, which makes this cocktail a perfect blend for every mood. Inspired by the Last Frontier cocktail served at The Riggsby in Dupont Circle, this drink helps bring happy hour to your home.
1 & ½ oz. Amaretto Liqueur
¾ oz. Cask-Proof Bourbon
1 oz. Fresh Lemon Juice
1 Tsp. Cinnamon (Optional)
½ oz. Egg White, Beaten (Optional)
1 Tsp. Simple Syrup (Optional)
1 Lemon Twist (Optional)
2 Brandied Cherries (Optional)
How to Mix
- Add Amaretto Liqueur, Cask-Proof Bourbon, (Egg White & Simple Syrup are Optional) & lemon juice into shaker
- Add Ice & shake again until chilled
- Strain into glass over fresh ice
- Garnish glass with lemon twist & brandied cherries (Optional)